Tonsils are known as part of the immunity system present in the mouth. However, there are certain conditions that can lead to damage and infection. The state of inflammation of the tonsils is known as tonsillitis. The person suffering from tonsillitis often experiences a sore throat, difficulty swallowing, pain in the ear, weakness, and enlarged lymph nodes.
Before consulting a doctor for treatment, it is recommended to try some home treatments capable of treating this undesirable disorder.
- salt and water – The most common home remedy for tonsillitis is to gargle with salt added to warm water.
- vegetable juices – Vegetable juices such as carrot, cucumber and beetroot are, in fact, the most effective home remedy to treat tonsillitis. You can consume these juices separately or as a mix.
- Mustard – It is often suggested to rinse the throat with a solution prepared by mixing mustard powder in hot water. This helps cleanse the germs that cause this throat problem.
- lemon and honey – The mixture of lemon juice with honey prepared in hot water is another great remedy to relieve sore throat and infection. You can also add a pinch of salt in the mix.
- Fenugreek seeds – Fenugreek seeds should be boiled with water and the resulting mixture should be used as a gargle to alleviate this problem. However, you should let the mixture cool down before using it.
- Milk – Pure boiled milk is another recommended home remedy to treat tonsil infections. It is also recommended to add turmeric powder and pepper powder to milk before consuming it.
- Banafsha Flowers – You can boil 12g of banafsha flowers with milk and filter it after boiling. Filtered milk should be drunk warm to relieve tonsil infections in the throat. Also, you can use the filtered flower extracts in the above process and gently massage it around your throat before going to bed.
- Turmeric – Due to the antiviral and antibacterial properties that turmeric presents, it is recommended to prepare a paste of turmeric roots in hot water and apply it externally around the throat.
- Dried figs – Boiled and dried figs are quite effective in reducing the pain and roughness caused by tonsillitis. You must crush these figs and consume them with a tablespoon of honey.
- onion and ginger – Onion juice and ginger juice are considered to be the best home remedies for various problems and tonsillitis is one of them. You can use these juices as a gargle to reduce a sore throat.
It is necessary to follow a perfect diet plan to relieve tonsillitis. You must consume fresh fruits and vegetables to benefit your throat against this problem. Also, products such as yogurt, tea made from Echinacea, Goldenseal, nuts and cereals.
You should avoid alcohol, tobacco, spices, condiments, fried foods and carbonated drinks in case of tonsillitis.